Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Journey into a New Craft Begins

Photobucket
I had resisted the urge to spin for a while. However, upon a trip to the 2008 Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival with my new friend Mary, I decided to give it a "whorl." Mary wanted to learn to spin and as soon as we found a booth with spindle kits for sale. As I observed her five minute tutorial, I became interested and decided to give it a try. Needless to say, we both bought a kit. Here are the first and second results at my beginning attempts at spinning.

The blue and purple balls were spun from the roving that came with my kit. The second "cotton candy" colored ball was a spun with a soy silk/merino roving that I bought at the 2008 New York Sheep and Wool Festival at Rhinebeck.

Well, as you can now see, I'm hooked and purchased more roving at Rhinebeck and another spindle. Stay tuned for more projects to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment